As many people know, I was in a serious car accident recently. I broke my right leg and fractured two ribs.
While in the hospital, I didn’t think much about everything that has happened to me. The nurses were there to help me with everything. When I came home, I found it difficult to do things that were easy. Things that we would never think twice about like getting a glass of water, putting on socks, or picking something up from the floor are so difficult to do. I realized that I totally took for granted the healthy body that I had.
Today, as I was changing my clothes, for the first time I noticed how bruised up my body is. Everywhere from the neck down is covered with bruises. And I know that it could’ve been a lot worse. It could’ve been a lot worse than a broken leg and fractured ribs. And I’m just SO grateful that I’m alive. I’m SO, SO, SO lucky to be alive. I know God was and is always watching over me.
Friday, July 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you're ok. Love you!
It's amazing how a close brush with death will make you realize how precious life is and the kind providence of God.
winnie, i'm glad your okay and feeling better.
Yes, we were all worried sick about you young lady! Thank God you're doing great now and on the road to recovery. It's funny when you describe the little things that are hard to do--I totally relate for difft reasons. Man, so hard to get up off the ground, put on socks and pants, reach an object 4 feet away, ha ha.
Post a Comment