Friday, June 24, 2011

I've Come a Long Way!

One year ago today, I got into a car accident on Crow Canyon. Even now, I have no recollection of what happened. I can't believe that it's been a year. I broke my right femur and my right thigh was punctured. The rod that was inserted into my leg runs from my hip socket to my knees. I broke my 3rd and 6th rib and my whole body was bruised. One year later, I am fully healed and have no pain or problems. Every once in a while, I think about the accident and I get a little teary eyed. I feel so blessed to be alive. I'm so grateful to God for His love and grace and keeping me safe. I'm so appreciative for my family and friends for their support and prayers. God truly has blessed me. After a crazy accident, God gave us Keira. Keira is two months today. Hal and I love her so much and we thank God everyday that He blessed us with a wonderful and beautiful baby. What an insane year. Yay for God, family, friends, and life! A celebration is in order for me today!

Browsing the web to pass time during my one week stay in the hospital.

Using a walker to learn to walk again.

Advancing to using crutches after 6 weeks of using a walker.

2 comments:

nafrica said...

What an amazing journey you've been on. It's so true. You could have died. Every day is a gift from God.

pam mah said...

Dear Winnie:

Praise God for your testimony!
That smile on your lovely face says it all. Thank you for reflecting Christ and giving Him all the glory -- i can't tell you how much you've ministered to me through your sharing.

May we send your new glasses to you? we know you guys are busy new parents and are focused on Baby Keira these days, so no problem for us to send to you . . . or drop off at home.