Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I need a dog in my backyard

When H and I first moved into our house, my mom insisted that we have a Feng Shui person come check out our house. Sure, sure. I don't really believe in Feng Shui but I'm interested in hearing what the expert had to say. While in our backyard, she suggested putting a bench for us to sit at. She then suggested we put a dog sculpture next to the bench to "protect and watch out for us." I said, "Well, I have a real dog, doesn't that work?" "No, there has to be a dog sculpture, and sitting there all the time," she insisted.

So I started thinking, a dog like this?


Hmmm, that would be kinda scary. It would ward off "evil" things and "scare" people, things, or paranormal things away I guess.

Or maybe she meant a cute little dog like this?


But if I saw that, I wouldn't be scared off. But I suppose it does watch over us.

Maybe a bush or tree manicured into a dog like this?


What do you think?

3 comments:

Jennifer Quen said...

I like the dog bush!

sbtang said...

Welcome back Winnie. I look forward to many entertaining posts.

sammy z said...

Welcome back fo sho. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, observations, ramblings. Time to get another dog. Real dogs are so much fun!